Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's Official

It's official, I am insane. Ok not really, but I am officially on the Kelly Canyon Ski Patrol now. I have made a bunch of new friends on the patrol, I enjoy riding and working right beside each one of them. I know I can learn alot from them as well as the good feelings that it brings inside when I know I am helping somebody. Last Saturday I signed up for a double shift, and the way it turned out I shoulda just pulled a triple but I had to get my friend Keith back home to his wife. I quite enjoy the handling of the toboggan, it really is easy to run and kinda enjoyable. The only thing is I feel bad for the ones that get hurt that are catching a ride in the toboggan. But all in all it is pretty cool to watch and be a part of the group of patrollers that so willingly help those that come to play on the hill. It was kinda funny the other day, I was playin teacher helping Rachel get better at boardin and I lost track of time. I was just a hair late for sweep, I think I learned some bad habits from my instructor this year. Oh well it is all good. I don't know what could be better, I get to do something I love while serving others. I just reallized I already blogged about makin it on the patrol but oh well. I have enjoyed every bit of it so far, even the times when I am busy helpin people non stop instead of playing.

No comments: