Thursday, November 13, 2008

Little Things

I was thinkin today as I was workin ( I know big shocker, plus a dangerous thing for me). I realized little things add up. A couple of months ago I let all the little things that were botherin me get to me, and when they all build together they add up and the frustration level gets even higher. The thing that got me laughin today is why did I let the fact that someone changed the password on a program we use regularly at work so all ya had to do was hit enter irritate me. Probably had a bit to do with the fact that at the time I was slackin in my daily prayers and scripture study therefor I wasn't as close as I should of been to Heavenly Father. All through that time I was gettin frustrated over things that rarely if ever bother me usually, so I came to the conclusion "vent and get rid of the little things that bother you as often as possible so they don't build up and cause you to explode."
This also got me thinkin of how ya shouldn't forget to do the little things in life that are good. Like scriptures, prayer( speakin of prayer, the other night at dinner my mom suggested we pray without me even sayin anythin, which shows good examples can pay off), a kind word here and there, compliments, Hugs( I think these are very important, they can brighten a day), smiles(also very important), honesty, hardwork, takin the time to do things right. I could probably go on forever about all the little things that we can and should do, but I will not bore ya'll. A bunch of these things we all take for granted, so like the saying of "Stop and Smell the roses" we should all take the time to look at all the great things that are in our lives even if they are just simple little things.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks for the reminder Cody! I think a lot of times we just get busy. Also, it reminds me of Elder Wirthlin's talk from this last conference. It was awesome, and I have to admit is my soapbox because it really is how I live my life. He talks about laughing through the hard times. I have found this to be the best thing you can do when things go wrong. Just laugh and enjoy life. Thanks for this blog. You're a great guy!